Be A Hero - Join Us by Making a Donation
Your generous support will help first responder families who are enduring financial hardship due to tragic circumstances.
Donate online or by mail to support first responder families
Gifts can be made in honor / in memory of an individual or organization by selecting the dedication check box on the online donation form. You can also earmark your gift locally through the "Give Local" program.
It’s quick and easy to donate online with a credit card.
There is no greater way of demonstrating respect and appreciation for your community than by supporting its frontline workers.
Mail your check to:
First Responders Children’s Foundation
38 East 32nd Street, Suite 602
New York, NY 10016-5566
Make a gift by text message
Text THANKS to 24365 to make a donation in any amount.
Give $20: Text THANKS to 5200
Give $25: Text BRAVE to 5200
Make a gift through Amazon Pay
Donate by Venmo
Donate by Amazon Pay
Donate by PayPal
When you make your online donation, check the designated box to see if your company makes a matching donation. This is a great way to see if your employer will multiply your contribution. The federal taxpayer ID for First Responders Children’s Foundation is 05-0536854.
Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDS)
To donate through a qualified charitable distribution, please work with your financial institution to complete the required forms.
Donor Advised Funds
DAF Direct makes it easy to give directly from your donor advised fund.
More about Daf Direct
Unlike credit card donations, DAF grants are not subject to a processing fee, so 100% of your grant goes to First Responders Children’s Foundation. You can designate your giving where needed most, to the Emergency Response Fund or to college scholarships or to unrestricted support.
If you have a donor advised fund with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BYI Mellon or Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, you can use the DAF Direct tool to the right to recommend a grant from your fund to First Responders Children’s Foundation. If you are on a smart phone, scroll to the bottom to find the DAF Direct Tool.
What is a Donor Advised Fund?
A Donor Advised Fund is a charitable giving vehicle sponsored by a public charity (called the sponsoring organization).
- You establish your Donor Advised Fund by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible contribution to a sponsoring organization.
- You surrender legal ownership of the monies in the fund, but retain advisory privileges.
- The sponsoring organization then makes grants from the DAF over time to IRS-qualified public nonprofits like First Responders Children’s Foundation.
- Your donation is also invested based on your preferences, so it has the potential to grow, tax-free, while you’re deciding which charities to support.
What are the Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund?
- You are eligible for an immediate tax deduction.
- It simplifies record-keeping; you only have one tax receipt.
- You advise the sponsoring organization on how to grant the money to your favorite nonprofits.
- Your donation is invested, so it has the potential to grow, tax-free, while you decide which nonprofits to support.
- Contributing assets other than cash is simple with a Donor Advised Fund. Assets you can contribute include publicly traded securities, mutual fund shares, bitcoin, private equity and hedge fund interests, real estate, certain complex assets, such as privately held C-corp and S-corp shares.
If you have a donor advised fund with another organization, like Vanguard Charitable, TIAA Charitable, or your local community foundation, please contact them directly to recommend your grant to First Responders Children’s Foundation. Thank you!
To use a DAF, you will need the following information:
Legal Name: National Law Enforcement & Firefighters Children’s Foundation
DBA Name: First Responders Children’s Foundation.
Office Location: New York, NY
Federal Tax ID Number: 05-0536854
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Sarah Greene, Major Gifts Officer, at Sarah@1stRCF.org or (773) 301-0031.
We accept nearly all cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Zcash (ZEC), Gemini Dollar (GUSD), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Chainlink (LINK), 0x (ZRX), Storj (STORJ), Dai (DAI), Amp (AMP), The Graph (GRT), UMA (UMA), 1inch (1INCH) and many others.
TAX ADvantages of donating Cryptocurrency
Donating cryptocurrency directly to a nonprofit can provide tax savings.
The IRS classifies cryptocurrency as property for tax purposes which means it is typically the most tax efficient way to support your favorite cause. When donating crypto, you receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of the crypto, and you avoid the capital gains tax you would have incurred if you had sold the crypto and then made a donation. That means you’re able to donate more, as well as deduct more on your tax return. The difference? Sometimes more than 30%.
Stock & Securities
For donations of stock & securities, please contact us.
Donate a Vehicle
Pick-up is free.
More than 225 first responders are killed in the line of duty each year leaving behind their children and families
Other ways to give
First Responders Children’s Foundation supports, promotes, and facilitates educational activities & programs
"America Salutes You” Concert
“A Tribute to Billy Gibbons” Concert on FOX TV
9/11 First Responders Commemorative Walk
20 Year Commemoration of 9/11 Tribute & 48th Annual Fun City Bowl
PIX 11 News
Meet SCHOLARSHIP recipients
How we help
Subscribe to the newsletter