Host a 9/11 First Responders Commerative Walk
Help your community commemorate one of the saddest days in American history.
Your 9/11 First Responders Commemorative Walk can recognize local first responders for their service having an immediate, positive, and powerful impact on the children of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service of their fellow citizens.
Join us in honoring the sacrifice of 9/11 first responders and all the first responders in your community by hosting a 9/11 First Responders Commemorative Walk.
On 9/11 more than 800 children lost a parent, and for the past 19 years, and today approximately 225 first responders are killed in the line of duty each year, and each leaves behind an average of 2.3 children.
A 9/11 First Responders Commemorative Walk is an exhibit of 18 historical markers plus street signs and boot prints to mark the path as guests walk 1,980 steps — the number of stairs that first responders set out to climb to reach the top of the World Trade Center on 9/11 — with signs along the way telling the stories of the first responders who were there.
This year’s 517 children will need help with their college tuition, and another 500+ children are put into the same situation every year. Fortunately, Responders Children’s Foundation has been helping to meet this heartbreaking need for the past 19 years.
Fortunately, Responders Children’s Foundation has been helping to meet this heartbreaking need for the past 19 years providing millions of dollars in scholarships to hundreds of children who have lost a parent in the line of duty which helps cushion the financial hardship the children face.
But, in order to help these children pay for college, we need your support.
This remembrance and experience can also include T-shirts, baseball caps, bumper stickers, lapel pins, a Flag of Honor display listing the names of everyone who perished on 9/11, a “Hats Off to First Responders” selfie station, and even prize packages that families can win to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade live in New York City with private, front-row viewing.
Most important, by supporting First Responders Children’s Foundation and presenting a 9/11 anniversary tribute, you can recognize first responders in your community and help young adults who have lost a first responder parent.
Please contact us to reserve your package and we’ll ship everything to you, so you can install all the elements in your location of choosing.
Order your package
- Honor local first responders at a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony
- Support college scholarships for children of first responders killed in the line of duty
- Recognize the service of first responders in your community during the days of your exhibit
This package includes the following:
- 18 historical markers describing the point-of-view of first responders on 9/11
- 2 street signs to identify the start and end of the Commemorative Walk
- 2 boot prints in front of each historical marker showing the path ‘1,41
This package includes all of the benefits of the $5,000 “Honor” level plus:
- 50 “First Responder” T-shirts & 50 “First Responder” baseball caps as give-away swag
- 1 family prize package / 4 VIP tickets to the Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City including transportation, hotel accommodations, and private Parade viewing directly on the Parade route at the 20th Annual First Responders Children’s Foundation Thanksgiving Day Parade Breakfast
This package includes all of the benefits of the $10,000 “Hope” level plus:
- 100 “Never Forget” T-shirts & 100 “Never Forget” baseball caps as give-away swag7AIIS
- 1 U.S.A. Flag of Honor display listing the names of everyone who perished on 9/11 1416.
- 2 total family prize packages / 8 VIP tickets to the Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC
This package includes all of the benefits of the $25,000 “Courage” level plus:
- “Hats Off to First Responders” selfie station with props including fire & police hats
- 2 custom co-branded vertical banners
- 100 First Responder Children’s Foundation lapel pins
- 1,000 First Responder Children’s Foundation bumper stickers
- 4 total family prize packages / 16 VIP tickets to the Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC
Other ways to give
First Responders Children’s Foundation also supports, promotes, and facilitates educational activities and programs.
FRCF Resiliency Program Will Provide Mental and Behavioral Health Support for Children of First Responders
The First Responders Children’s Foundation Resiliency Program will protect and strengthen the mental resiliency of the children whose parents protect communities across the nation. These first responders often face challenges shielding their children from the stresses of their job.
First Responder Children’s Foundation teamed up with Derotic Emergency Equipment in Rancho Cordova, California, to host children and parents for a fun and educational demonstration of the latest, shiniest first responder equipment available and learn what it takes to be a firefighter in Northern California!
How we help
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news and updates.