Barbie Doll Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The First Responders Children’s Foundation Barbie Doll Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are the age of majority or older in the jurisdiction in which they reside at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, and agents (and their immediate families and members of their households, whether or not related) of First Responders Children’s Foundation (“Sponsor”), and each of their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, franchisees, and advertising, promotion, prize suppliers, and prize fulfillment agencies as applicable, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes Entrant’s (as defined below) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 18, 2021 at 12 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) and ends on August 20th at 11:59 p.m. EDT (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, eligible Entrants may enter by completing all of the following steps:
- – Tagging a friend in the comments below the social posts about the giveaway.
- – Account must be public
- Individuals must complete all steps to be eligible to win. There is no limit of entries. Upon completion of all steps, the individual is deemed an “Entrant” for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to tag a friend and the social media account of the friend who is tagged will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to a social media account by the social media platform responsible for assigning such accounts. The potential “Winner(s)” (as defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants agree to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final.
- Content Restrictions. Entries may not contain depictions of violence, nudity, or material that could be construed as offensive or derogatory to any person or class of persons.
- Sweepstakes Drawings: After the Promotion Period has ended, Sponsor will randomly select the potential winners (“Winners”) from among all eligible entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. 2 winners will be selected (the person who tagged a friend, and the friend who was tagged). The potential Winner will be notified by direct messaging through their Twitter or Instagram account. The potential Winner must respond to Sponsor’s notice within 48 hours after the date of notice or else that potential Winner may be disqualified. The potential Winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release(s) and/or any other document(s) required by Sponsor (collectively, “Releases”) before being confirmed as a Winner. If requested to sign Releases, the Releases must be returned to Sponsor by the date indicated by Sponsor in order for the potential Winner to be verified as a Winner. If the potential Winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the Releases within the required time period, that potential Winner may forfeit the Prize in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or postage-due correspondence. In the event that a potential Winner is disqualified or forfeits the Prize for any reason, an alternate potential Winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining undrawn eligible entries. Once the executed Releases are received within the required time frame and verified by Sponsor (if applicable), then, upon notice from Sponsor, the Entrant will be deemed to be a Winner, subject to compliance with all applicable rules set forth herein. Any misrepresentation on the Releases or failure to comply with these Official Rules may void the potential Winner’s eligibility and Sponsor may disqualify such person and seek return of any Prize amount already awarded to such person.
- Prize: The Prize Winners will win a Barbie Doll from the First Responders Series of their choice. https://corporate.mattel.com/news/mattel-once-again-says-thankyouheroes-by-supporting-first-responders-childrens-foundation-and-honoring-global-frontline-medical-workers-with-one-of-a-kind-barbie-dolls Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $50.00. Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize value are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Upon receipt of the Winner’s mailing address, the Prize will be mailed to each Winner within 30 days.
- Release: By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the Prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Winner’s name, social media handle, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, failures with the social media platform, shipping or other malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that such confirmation occurs prior to the drawing.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, all Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Winner’s List: For the Winners’ name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “First Responders Children’s’ Foundation, 38 East 32nd Street, NY, NY 10016. Requests for the Winners’ name must be received ninety (90) days after the Winners are chosen. Any requests received after that date will not be honored.