First responders are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic in every community across the country, and First Responders Children’s Foundation provides support for first responders and their families who are enduring financial hardship due to the coronavirus outbreak. If you are a first responder in need, please click the button below to apply for a grant. If you can donate to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund, please click the donation button, and thank you.
First responders are paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, firefighters, and employees directly supporting police and fire departments such as 911 dispatchers. The brave medical personnel and staff of the emergency services of the hospitals and health facilities that are treating COVID-19 patients shall be deemed first responders for the purpose of being eligible for grants from the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, First Responders Children’s Foundation has to date:
- Funded 12,946 hotel room nights and meal stipends so first responders don’t have to go home and infect their families and / or can self-quarantine.
- Awarded $6.36 million in grants to 6,132 first responders in all 50 states who have had financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Distributed 565,000 FDA-certified, surgical grade masks to first responder agencies through the Mask Project without disrupting the supply chain of N95 masks for hospitals.
- Is preparing to distribute a significant amount of hand sanitizer to first responders and tens of thousands of toys to children of first responders.
- Paid for 51 funerals of first responders who died from COVID-19.
- Created a supply chain to meet the PPE needs of first responder agencies within 24 to 48 hours.
- Will continue to support first responders for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Continues a 19 year mission funding millions of dollars in college scholarships benefiting hundreds of worthy children with first responder parents who have been killed or injured in the line of duty.
Our Mission Continues During the Pandemic
In these challenging times our work remains crucial. First responders including nurses, medical personnel, firefighters, police, EMTs, and paramedics remain on the front lines of the COVID pandemic. For nearly twenty years, First Responders Children’s Foundation has provided college scholarships for the children of those injured or killed in the line of duty. With your help, we are providing PPE, financial hardship grants, and temporary housing to stem the spread of hardship and infection among first responder families and the communities they serve. As public interaction and the prevalence of COVID increases, we will continue to provide this much-needed care.
During the pandemic, $6.36 million has been awarded to 6,132 first responders experiencing financial hardship and to 45 agencies responding to COVID-19. Funds have impacted individuals in the following professions:
- 34% Firefighters, EMTs, & Paramedics
- 29% Nurses & Medical Personnel
- 22% Police Officers & Security
- 15% 911 Dispatchers & support services
Thank You First Responders
The original song on this video, “One World,” was written and produced by Academy Award-winning composer Franke Previte who wrote the 1987 hit, “I’ve Had The Time of My Life,” from the film “Dirty Dancing.” “One World” was written to demonstrate the resilience of the nation – and heroic first responders – dealing with a pandemic. First Responders Children’s Foundation is proud to be the beneficiary of revenue generated by this anthem of strength in a time of crisis.
The First Responders Children’s Foundation Mask Project delivers free FDA approved surgical grade masks to first responders across the country. Find out more here.
Lehi, UT - Police Officer Bryson "Nae-Nae" Lystrup
Kirkland, WA - Firefighter & EMT Ryan Scheaffer
First Responders Children's Foundation
Smith & Warren has partnered with the First Responders Children’s Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund to provide support for first responders and their families who are enduring financial hardship due to the coronavirus outbreak. The new COVID-19 Service Award bars have been created to recognize the selfless sacrifices of first responders on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic in every community across the country. All service award bars are fully customizable in the finish and enamel colors of your choice and are available with slide bar holders or clutch backs. As the exclusive Badge and Insignia partner and official Service Award Bar supplier for First Responders Children’s Foundation, 20% of the proceeds from every COVID-19 service award bar sold will be donated to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
First Responders Children's Foundation
First Responders Children’s Foundation provides financial support to both children who have lost a parent in the line of duty as well as families enduring significant financial hardships due to tragic circumstances. First Responders Children’s Foundation also supports, promotes, and facilitates educational activities and programs created and operated by law enforcement and firefighting organizations whose purpose is to benefit children or the community at large.