First responders are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic in every community across the country, and First Responders Children’s Foundation provides support for first responders and their families who are enduring financial hardship due to the coronavirus outbreak. If you are a first responder in need, please click the button below to apply for a grant. If you can donate to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund, please click the donation button, and thank you.
First responders are paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, firefighters, and employees directly supporting police and fire departments such as 911 dispatchers. The brave medical personnel and staff of the emergency services of the hospitals and health facilities that are treating COVID-19 patients shall be deemed first responders for the purpose of being eligible for grants from the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, First Responders Children’s Foundation has to date:
- Funded more than 12,946 hotel room nights and meal stipends so first responders don’t have to go home and infect their families and / or can self-quarantine.
- Awarded more than $4.32 million in grants to 3,060 first responders in all 50 states who have had financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Distributed more than 450,000 FDA-certified, surgical grade masks to first responders through the Mask Project without disrupting the supply chain of N95 masks for hospitals.
- Is preparing to distribute a significant amount of hand sanitizer to first responders and tens of thousands of toys to children of first responders.
- Paid for 16 funerals of first responders who died from COVID-19.
- Created a supply chain to meet the PPE needs of first responder agencies within 24 to 48 hours.
- Will continue to support first responders for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Continues a 19 year mission funding millions of dollars in college scholarships benefiting hundreds of worthy children with first responder parents who have been killed or injured in the line of duty.
The First Responders Children’s Foundation Mask Project delivers free FDA approved surgical grade masks to first responders across the country. Find out more here.
Lehi, UT - Police Officer Bryson "Nae-Nae" Lystrup
Kirkland, WA - Firefighter & EMT Ryan Scheaffer
First Responders Children's Foundation
Smith & Warren has partnered with the First Responders Children’s Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund to provide support for first responders and their families who are enduring financial hardship due to the coronavirus outbreak. The new COVID-19 Service Award bars have been created to recognize the selfless sacrifices of first responders on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic in every community across the country. All service award bars are fully customizable in the finish and enamel colors of your choice and are available with slide bar holders or clutch backs. As the exclusive Badge and Insignia partner and official Service Award Bar supplier for First Responders Children’s Foundation, 20% of the proceeds from every COVID-19 service award bar sold will be donated to the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund.
If your department is interested in a bulk purchase of COVID-19 Service Award Bars (50+ pieces) click here to request a quote.
Our friends at White Hot Tees are producing official “HEROES” fundraising T-shirts, sweatshirts, and posters, and all proceeds go to First Responders Children’s Foundation
Share your support for first responders on the front lines by tagging #FirstRespondersStrong
First Responders Children's Foundation
First Responders Children’s Foundation provides financial support to both children who have lost a parent in the line of duty as well as families enduring significant financial hardships due to tragic circumstances. First Responders Children’s Foundation also supports, promotes, and facilitates educational activities and programs created and operated by law enforcement and firefighting organizations whose purpose is to benefit children or the community at large.