WAYS TO GIVE
First responders are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic in every community across the country. Together with your generous support, we can help those first responder families who are enduring financial hardship due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Donate by mail
Make your donation by mail:
First Responders Children’s Foundation
38 East 32nd Street, Suite 602
New York, NY 10016-5566
Text to donate
Text THANKS to
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
Donate Through Your Donor Advised Fund
DAF Direct makes it easy to support First Responders Children’s Foundation by giving directly from your donor advised fund.
First Responders Children’s Foundation wants to make it easy to give from your donor advised fund with this DAF Direct option. Unlike credit card donations, DAF grants are not subject to a processing fee, so 100% of your grant goes to First Responders Children’s Foundation. You can designate your giving where needed most, to the Emergency Response Fund, or to college scholarships, or to our general fund.
If you have a donor advised fund with Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BYI Mellon or Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, you can use the DAF Direct tool to the right to recommend a grant from your fund to First Responders Children’s Foundation. If you are on a smart phone, scroll to the bottom to find the DAF Direct Tool.
If you have a donor advised fund with another organization, like Vanguard Charitable, TIAA Charitable, or your local community foundation, please contact them directly to recommend your grant to First Responders Children’s Foundation. Thank you!
To use a DAF, you will need the following information:
Legal Name: National Law Enforcement & Firefighters Children’s Foundation
DBA Name: First Responders Children’s Foundation.
Office Location: New York, NY
Federal Tax ID Number: 05-0536854
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Sarah Greene, Major Gifts Officer, at [email protected] or (773) 301-0031.
What is a Donor Advised Fund?
A Donor Advised Fund is a charitable giving vehicle sponsored by a public charity (called the sponsoring organization).
- You establish your Donor Advised Fund by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible contribution to a sponsoring organization.
- You surrender legal ownership of the monies in the fund, but retain advisory privileges.
- The sponsoring organization then makes grants from the DAF over time to IRS-qualified public nonprofits like First Responders Children’s Foundation.
- Your donation is also invested based on your preferences, so it has the potential to grow, tax-free, while you’re deciding which charities to support.
What are the Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund?
- You are eligible for an immediate tax deduction.
- It simplifies record-keeping; you only have one tax receipt.
- You advise the sponsoring organization on how to grant the money to your favorite nonprofits.
- Your donation is invested, so it has the potential to grow, tax-free, while you decide which nonprofits to support.
- Contributing assets other than cash is simple with a Donor Advised Fund. Assets you can contribute include publicly traded securities, mutual fund shares, bitcoin, private equity and hedge fund interests, real estate, certain complex assets, such as privately held C-corp and S-corp shares.
Please use the search tool below to see if your company will match your donation to First Responders Children’s Foundation. If your company does match donations you will be able to access the forms, guidelines, and instructions needed to submit a matching gift. Thank you!