Please submit the following items:
- Grant application.
- Documentation verifying the child or children are a descendant of a first responder (i.e. birth certificate).
- Documentation from the governing agency confirming the law enforcement officer or firefighter is active duty or confirmation from the governing agency of the line of duty death or permanent disability.
- Copy of most recent tax returns.
- Current documentation as to the amount of pension received in case of death or permanent disability.
- Documentation of social security benefits being received by spouse and children in the case of death or permanent disability.
- Candidate must submit all relevant documentation in support of the grant request including related receipts or invoices.
Decisions of the Grant Committee are final. First Responders Children’s Foundation reserves the right to withhold grants in any category in the absence of qualified applicants. Applications are accepted and reviewed year-round.